HELP,75gal sprang a leak.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reneeanneb

Aquarium Advice Regular
My 75 gal sprang a leak a week or so ago, thankfully I had my 55 gal still going with one fish. I have that fish in a 10 gal and drained the 55 gal and moved everything from the 75 over to the 55. I found a distributor to replace the tank. here is where I need help. I have CC and want to change over to sand when I swap back to the 75gal. if I use LS will it go through a cycle? I have lots of critters on my LR I would hate to lose.
Here is what I was thinking I would use a few cups of the CC mix it with maybe 1 bag of LS and the rest Playsand (If I can find it)? Anyone have any suggestions? Everything survived the swap from the 75 to the 55 but i'm worried about changing back to the 75, but I really need to get the CC out of there, the nitrates have never gotten under 20ppm and I know the CC is the culprit. Help :lol:

You will probably be fine, maybe if you use alot of the water from the 55 when you do the move to the 75 it will smooth things out even more. Make sure you get some live sand when you do the transfer so it already has bacteria. I just setup a 37 gal and bought live rock and live sand, I put a 5 green chromis and a CBS the 5th day and everything is doing great. Good luck!

Don't skimp on the sand, I went searching for some aragonite play sand and decided to spend 40 extra bucks and made sure I did it right the first time.

Back
Top Bottom