Help ASAP with PWC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caige

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am mixing my SW in this 25gallong rubbermaid jug. I have been mixing 10-20gallons at a time in it.

I have 1 power heads (aiming towards bottom middle) in it currently with 10gallons of water. It has been mixing for 4 days... just because I haven't been home. It has a cover on it so no dust / debris could get in it.

However, today I notice that on the top of the water is speckles of what "looks" like dust or salt mix (i'm using I/O). Is this bad???

Nitrates = 0
Nitrites = 0
Ammonia = 0
Calcium = 370
SG = 1.025
Phosphates = 0

Was mixed from RO/DI unit. I have used this mixing method plenty of times before... this is the FIRST time I noticed this stuff on top -- but doesn't mean it wasn't there before.

Attachments

• DSC03477.jpg
    DSC03477.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC03478.jpg
    DSC03478.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC03480.jpg
    DSC03480.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC03482.jpg
    DSC03482.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 46
Could just be calcium or something that is in the water that dried up and floated to the top.
If it makes you feel better, you can probably scoop it off with a net. I wouldn't sweat it.

It could also be that you added to much salt at one time to the water and it was unable do disolve and has oxidized and floated to the top. No problem either way, just skim it off.

Back
Top Bottom