(Help) Attempting to breed Convicts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kirklyn420

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, I have 4 convicts in a 10gal tank. (Will upgrade when they get bigger)
Two are male, and two are female.
Issue is, they all 4 pick on eachother which makes breeding somewhat difficult..
They are still fairly young.

Any ideas to make them stop being aggressive torwards eachother?

Agreed. In a larger healthy tank all they'll need to do is mature and they WILL breed.

Their still very small,as said above I will upgrade when they grow. They have plently of room noe.

*They're.

Upgrading as fish grow is generally a bad idea and usually leads to issues. If they are small enough to be comfortable in a 10G they are surely non-sexable. If they are large enough to be identified as pairs, they need a larger territory. Do you know how old they are?

+1 They probably aren't old enough yet and just because they fit in a tank doesn't mean it's big enough. Cichlids are territorial and need more room other wise they will continue to fight and be stressed. Also if you wait to upgrade till the fish need it they may already be stunted. I would recommend upgrading your tank or taking the fish back until you are able to upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom