Help Clowfish Fighting!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tito2491

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a percula clown yesterday because it was tankbred and was on sale , I brought him home and he got along great with the tomato clown (they are the same size) but the next day the tomato has been picking on him , what should I do , will it stop? the percula sometimes doesnt want to be bothered and fights back.

Is the percula a true or false?

Mixing clown breeds generally doesn't fair well - especially true percs.

There's a chance they might eventually leave each other alone. Try moving around your rock work some so they have to re-establish dominance and territories.

IMO lasek2k1 has answered it.... take one back.. to species cna and will fight. tomatos can be mean. If you added both at the same time in a large tank then it may work, I would not take the chance.

Same problem here. Added a clarkii to a tank that already had a true perc. The perc now lives behind the power head until I can get him to the LFS or start my 29 to a salt tank (if it goes salt not fresh). They will fight and probably o the death of one or both.

I have crabs, it's kinda off topic, but were you pertaining to crustaceans when you named yourself that?

Back
Top Bottom