Help!! Dealing with for 4 months now!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whalen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A couple of months ago I purchased a fish from the pet store. About a week later I seen some spots on the new fish and seen the rest rubbing and twitching. I went to the pet store and bought some Super Ich Cure. Used it as directed. A little while later the fish are still flashing and rubbing on rock and stuff in the aquarium. So I tried the meds again, and again. Then I didn't want to medicate them since I was doing it so much. So I tried the heat and salt treatment, same thing. Now when I flash the light on them I see a bit of a golden shine. Now I know from researching it that that is velvet. Now I'm medicating them still. I did stop everything for a while to see what would happen and they would get worse. Not swimming around and rubbing and twitching more. So I medicated them more. Now I'm after giving them so many different meds throughout the 4 months and they are still doing it. I don't know if I have a rare form of it that is hard to treat or am I treating them for nothing. I am getting fed up. I don't want my fish to die. I am after spending a fortune on meds for them.
The ammonia level is 0. The nitrate and nitrite levels are great. And the ph is good too. I vacuum the gravel and do weekly water changes, sometimes more. The tank is a 55 gallon cichlid tank. I did figure out that I need to take some fish out due to having larger fish. I am working on that now. Does anybody have any advice for me? I'm thinking now that I should just stop all the treatments and see what happens. I don't know. Please help me!

Gosh u really do need some advice. I'm new to keeping fish so unfortunately can't help but I really hope someone out there has some useful advice for you and your fish .-)

Back
Top Bottom