HELP!!!! Discus sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knutsen1122

Aquarium Advice Freak
A couple days ago I noticed that my discus were being a little more skittish than normal. Yesterday morning they were breathing hard and hiding in the corner, then by the evening they were dark and acting very weird. I did a 60% water change like I do everyday and left it at that. This morning I noticed that only one of them is dark now but his breathing has slowed a little bit. Any suggestions on what this might be or what I can do to fix it? Tonight I'm going to check the ph of the tank water and that of my tap to see if I may need to age it before hand. But with water changes everyday I don't see how it could change that quickly.

I guess I should have mentioned that they are juvenile discus in a grow out tank. Since the first post I moved them into a larger more stable community tank with mostly rams and unfortunately it was too late for one of them :( the others have recovered and are doing well. Still a little nervous because of there new home but doing well.

One of them seems to be doing great, and the other is reluctant to eat. Hopefully it warms up to the tank soon.

How are they? & where did you get them? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom