Help! I found larvae in my tank dont know what kind! ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cobaltskyy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I have a 10 gal hex tank with 6 Rasboras, 3 Ottos and 1 green nerite snail. I have seen tons of snail eggs but know they don't reproduce in FW plus there is only one in the tank. I have heard rasboras are difficult to breed and I don't know anything about breeding ottos. I found them last night as I was about to scoop out some uneaten algae wafer chunks.I saw about 6 little tiny wormy things in between the substrate and the glass....they were white sort of pointed at the ends and kind of flat in the middle.

I have seen zebra danio larvae but these look nothing like that.

This tank has been set up for about a year with all the same inhabitants.

I tried to get a pic but they are impossible to see!

Could possibly be planaria (flatworms).

EWW where do they come from, how do I get rid of them and can I catch them if I put my hands in the tank...like are they gonna infect me?? This is sooo gross. I just read another thread and I don't think im over feeding...idk...

Hmmm, I know you said you can't get pictures. Don't worry, it is hard to get a good one of something so small. I will do a little research and see what I come up with.

Well, I haven't found anything else that matches that description. If you have a magnifying glass, can you see any of the distinguishing features of planaria: eye spots, lobed head, etc.

Back
Top Bottom