help I need advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
may not be right but you said your damsels are fine? could it be that they are in fact harrassing the other fish and stressing or killing them?

Did you buy a dogface or thinking about one? They will outgrow your tank in no time, make a lot of waste, will eat your inverts and your coral (if you have any) there are plenty of smaller puffers that are better suited to your size tank :)

No didn't buy one but was thinking about it, but I'm open to suggestions...i like the dogface because they look so cool, but what kind do you think will suit my tank?

I like mine :) same deal tho, will eat inverts and some corals, poops a lot so hopefully you have a skimmer or good filtration...

Attachments

• image-2393511812.jpg
    image-2393511812.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 97
Thinking about changing it up...will a dwarf lionfish, ocellaris clownfish, and something else but not sure what yet be ok in a 65 gallon tank...i have 90 gallons worth of filtration,2 inches of livesand and about 40 or so pounds of liverock

It will grow to 8 inches though

+1 and quick your clown wont even see it coming and as far as the puffer mine trys to eat the inverts but hey shell up and are fine i have a saddle tobi and crabs conches snails stars and more hope this helps good luck

So advice please...i have 1 red sea clownfish; 2 ocellaris clownfish; 1 blue damsel; 1 firefish goby; 1 diamond goby; 2 bta; 2 cleaner shrimp and 2 emerald crabs along with about 15 hermit crabs...am i overstocked?

Are you using tap water or RODI I had the same thing happen and the only thing I could attribute it to was my water. I just bought some fish last night so we will see if using RO water makes the difference (fingers crossed). Good luck with your new fishies :)

I make my own saltwater when i don't have much time but i also add prime water conditioner and usually use rodi water to replace evaporation...but when i have time i get fresh and saltwater from the lfs...

One of my clowns is hosting one of the anemones, but the other clowns won't host the other anemone???

I don't think you're overstocked, but having 3 clowns in 1 tank might cause issues down the road. Clowns don't always host nems, sometimes they host nothing or an inanimate object. Never can tell with the clowns.

Just a tip scooters are dragonets and need a sufficent pod population to survive or they will starve to death

Want to add another fish or 2, we hat else can i put in my tank thats colorful?
75 gallon
1 foxface
1 gold stripe maroon clown that loves his bubble tip & sebea anemone
1 firefish
1 diamond goby...
About 75lbs of LR
40lbs of LS
75-90 gal canister filter
30 gal canister filter
Protien skimmer...
...?

If you need more ideas, sites like liveaquaria have lots of fish, tank size recommendations, compatibility charts etc.

I'd go with some kind of Dwarf (coral Beauty, Eibli, MultiColor, etc) or Pygmy angel...a small Tang (Tomini, Kole, etc)...maybe some kind of smaller wrasse (flasher or fairy...plenty of colorful options).

mystery wrasse awesome color very active or you could go the other way and go saddleback puffer or any of the sharp nose superb personality

Back
Top Bottom