help id plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fort384 said:
Nope. No rhizome on that plant. Still not 100% sure what it is. Stem looks more like hygro than sword but again the leaves are really big for a hygro. Big veins too on the leaves. My guess is non aquatic. Someone will know...

Ok I'm gonna go back to my lfs and see bc I know they had a lot and I wouldn't be surprised about non aquatic since they already sold me one non aquatic red crinkle and told me it was

Also think its not aquatic bc my bigger one of the same thing is lookin bad and my tank parameters are good and should have sufficient lighting I have a coralife 2 t5 with 6700k day bulb and colormax bulb

I really do think that is a hygro now, probably a temple. It is fully aquatic. I have one and am pretty sure that's what you have too.

Hygros come in many different leaf forms and sizes. Temples start out small, but can grow up to 20 inches high. Strictas grow pretty large also.

MR is probably right. If it is aquatic it looks like a hygro. I have never grown hygro so I couldn't call it for sure.

mudraker said:
I really do think that is a hygro now, probably a temple. It is fully aquatic. I have one and am pretty sure that's what you have too.

Hygros come in many different leaf forms and sizes. Temples start out small, but can grow up to 20 inches high. Strictas grow pretty large also.
Thanks that looks about right

So I need help id'ing some plants again my lfs is terrible with plants

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110204_163945.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110204_163945.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 79
  • ForumRunner_20110204_164010.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110204_164010.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 66
The first one looks like my sword that I've got in my tank, and the second one looks like Aponogeton. I could very well be wrong though ;)

azure bones said:
Ok this the plant on the left I'm guessing that is the rhizome and I'm not supposed to bury that part

Sry my phone is being buggy on this app

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110204_233805.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110204_233805.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 72
That doesn't look like an anubias.... I'm thinking that's a tuber of some sort. A better pic would be helpful.

Ok so my lfs sucks with plants can anyone id this i like the looks of it but kinda wanna know what it is b4 I buy

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110218_190602.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110218_190602.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 58
Uh.......Hydrocotyle sp? Micranthemum umbrosum? Can't really tell it's all chewed up looking...

Back
Top Bottom