Help id these fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1st is lake Victoria species. Haplochromis sp. 35 also called tomato hap I think that's one of those. And the other 3rd pic looks like a maingano. I think the real name is pseudotropheus cyanerhabdoes (excuse spelling). At least those are what this semi newbie thinks!

The top fish looks like a Ruti island cichlid (Poundamilia nyereiri)

Could be. The fins looked more red around edges like the tomato whereas the ruti are more solid red. Time will tell as it matures! Either way very pretty fish!

I had one of those cichlids before and a local cichlid expert called it a ruti island. Eventually the colors will. E bolder. I speak from experience

I had one of those cichlids before and a local cichlid expert called it a ruti island. Eventually the colors will. E bolder. I speak from experience

You're probably right. I can't ever tell the Victoria basins correct. I had a ruti too and he had more red at the top and more black at bottom but I may have gotten a more mature one than this. Feisty guys for sure!

Back
Top Bottom