Help ID these three plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baobeiiiiiiii

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey,

I failed at growing plants from seed (algae covered them and they died off), so i'm going to buy grown plants. But I have no way of identifying them as the website is in chinese. There's three i'm interested in:

Apologies for posting links, but each of those pages has several pics of the plants. I'm thinking link 1 might be baby tears? And 2 or 3 might be some kind of dwarf hair grass? Thanks. This is for an iwagumi style tank.

the pictures for 2 and 3 do look like dwarf hairgrass.

on a side note: i'm Chinese too, does the website you've provided ship to the US?

I'm not sure. I think taobao is mainly for just China, but if you know Chinese you could always sign up and ask the shop.

Are you in the US? If so it's much cheaper and shipping is much much faster which means you'll get your plants alive, which I can't say they would be if shipped from China to the US.

As for plants #1 looks like Glosso
#2 looks like the Mini Hair Grass that I know is over in Europe and could be there too
#3 looks like DHG but could also be Micro chain sword

You do know these plants need high light, CO2, and a good dosing regime of both macro and micro ferts.

Before ordering these plants, make sure you know why your first attempt didn't work out - granted they were from seeds/bulbs. Take into account that the plants that you've choosen are high light requirement plants; meaning that you will need at least T5HO and at the very minimum 3WPG. And if you're going to go with a light that strong, then you're probably gonna need to set up some kind of CO2 so that your plants don't get overwhelmed by algae again.

I'm just giving my 2 cents because I know the feeling of spending $20 some dollars on a whole bunch of plants and then wonder why they are slowly melting away.

Back
Top Bottom