Help identify my pleco.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paxlerod

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know he is not a cichlid, but our group is so smart. He/she is shy of 3 inches. Black with white spots, his tail fin is pointy at the tips. So what do you all think he is? Mods hope it's ok to post this here if not let me know where you move it. Thanks everyone.

image-1521992275.jpg

image-2150705201.jpg

It looks more like a starlight bristlenose or a gold nugget Pleco.

It doesn't have the characteristics of a bristlenose or vampire. It is very black with white spots. He is about 3.5 inches and I acquired him about a year ago he lives with my breeding colony of Pundemilla nyererie ruti island.

I forgot all about snowballs that looks more like it than a gold nugget.

I hope it is a snowball and not an Adonis pleco. Snowball only get 6 inches an Adonis gets 3 feet. BIG DIFFERENCE. I do have one 8 foot by 2 foot by 2 foot siting dry in garage. But don't think that would be adequate for an Adonis. Plus I like him at his current size and with spots. If he starts loosing spots I have issues.

I hope so. Inspector is part of the scientific name for a snowball.

I hope so. Snowball Pleco – Hypancistrus Inspector, L102, L142, L033.

I hope it is a snowball and not an Adonis pleco. Snowball only get 6 inches an Adonis gets 3 feet. BIG DIFFERENCE. I do have one 8 foot by 2 foot by 2 foot siting dry in garage. But don't think that would be adequate for an Adonis. Plus I like him at his current size and with spots. If he starts loosing spots I have issues.
whoa whoaa back this train up... Let me get this right .. You have a hugeous Maximus tankus in your presence and it is not filled with awesome fish?!? :hangsheadinshame:

Lol Adonis don't get 3 feet, more like 12-14". That tank would be fine for an adult adonis

Lol Adonis don't get 3 feet, more like 12-14". That tank would be fine for an adult adonis

Bribo so what do you think it is? The 3 ft size is noted in a couple sites. They do loose their spots though, right?

Bribo so what do you think it is? The 3 ft size is noted in a couple sites. They do loose their spots though, right?

Yes they have a full grown Adonis at a pet store near me which is around 14" and well over 7 years old. It is large but 3 feet is crazy. What about a galaxy pleco?

I hope your right about the size. But it also says they loose their spots, don't want that. I don't think it's a galaxy. Mines does not have long snout and its top fin isn't that large. Hope he ends up being a snowflake.

Back
Top Bottom