Help identify my pleco.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think there are two types of Adonis plecos after doing some research. One does get gigantic but I think there is a smaller species. I admit my mistake :(

I think there are two types of Adonis plecos after doing some research. One does get gigantic but I think there is a smaller species. I admit my mistake :(

Well I hope it's the 1 footer and keeps its spots. Thanks.

whoa whoaa back this train up... Let me get this right .. You have a hugeous Maximus tankus in your presence and it is not filled with awesome fish?!? :hangsheadinshame:

Ok ok, but it is reserved to be the replacement tank for my Tanganyica tank (7 Mpimwe fronts, 6 Calvus. Main characters in my 150). We will be moving around summer time. I would set up "Maximus tankus" in permanent spot get it established and make move stress free for all of us. But your right what a shame for now. I do get tempted.

So I finally put my 240 gallon together. And I ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418188446.526210.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418188459.489771.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418188472.524409.jpg
just got these two off CL and was told they are leopard sailfin plecos. What do you all think

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

By the way here is pic of my tank ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418188570.434908.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418188589.938422.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418188641.724674.jpg

Hugeous maximus indeed! Thai pleco s will get nice and big:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks. I have only had these plecos for under 24 hours and they have already contributed significantly to the amount of waste (poop). Besides that they look pretty cool.

Don't look like Adonis but no clue what they are. Here's a pic of my AdonisImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418273721.116830.jpg

Pretty certain its an L142 snowball pleco but the only way to tell for sure is look at the mouth the difference between l142 and other black spotted plecos is the mouth. If it has rasping plates its L142 if it has tiny teeth it is something else.

Back
Top Bottom