Help im a dad without knowledge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aqariumclements

Aquarium Advice Regular
Was cleaning out my tank today weekly water change, to notice once my tank was half empty of water a little pool of water remained on the top of my filter with a single baby fish swimming in it, I was suspicious of my platys maybe being pregnant but never noticed any offspring, is this a baby platy also what do I feed it?! I've moved it to my floating fish carrier to make it more safe

Attachments

• image-514347612.jpg
    image-514347612.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 108
  • image-2107614812.jpg
    image-2107614812.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 108
  • image-886057862.jpg
    image-886057862.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 115
You can keep it seperated from the parents nd feed it crushed flake food. In 2 weeks it should be large enough to go in the main tank. If you want to save some fry in the future consider this, get a 5gal bucket, heater and airline from pump and place the female in the bucket when she is ready to drop. With platys the chest will become square and that means within 72 hours she will drop. Raise the fry for a week or two in the bucket.

I use live brine shrimp for food, but crushed flake food or golden pearls work well, just slower.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom