help indentify my cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iheartmyed9

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all I bought two cichlids for my 62 gallon tank from PETCO. I've already had the little blue johanni in there so these two are a new addition. But since there from PETCO your stuck with the retarded "assorted African cichlid " sign instead of legit names. Oh well. They looked real healthy.

ForumRunner_20111201_044640.jpg
Sorry for the poor pic. There both so fast and its late.

one on left i cant really see but id put money on it being a male rz, or a fuelleborni. the one on the right is a male kenyi if it is defo yellow x

can we have a better pic of the left fish?x

Is this any better? Sorry I'm no photographer.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111203_150903.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111203_150903.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 96
male kenyi and red zebra (that i think is a boy).
you need at least 3f for 1m to stop aggression, and they should be fine. get some more girls and it will be good, but watch out for the kenyi, they are very mean xx

I also have one male (I believe ) blue johanni. He's the most aggressive in the tank and today I got one Chinese algae eater. Every time I get a new fish my current population surrounds him kind of beats up the new comer then they all go to the corner and do there "new fish dance" where they all swim up and down in the corner of the tank and then everyone is friends , swimming happily with each other. Cichlids are so much more active then most community tropical fish. I'm loving my new cichlid tank! Thanks everyone

The orange one looks like a red zebra. The yellowy striped one is a male kenyi. As previously stated, very aggressive! You need a proper mix and luck! lol I had a 2" female kenyi kill my 4" yellow lab...needless to say, I got rid of the kenyi. They're beautiful but mean, just keep an eye on behaviors.

Back
Top Bottom