Help. Is this possible??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikem691

Aquarium Advice Addict
My Labidochromis caeruleus is not eating and she looks like her mouth is full and chewing. Thing is the only other fish in the tank is a Aulonocara Dragon Blood. Could he have fertilized her eggs or could she be holding eggs that arent fertilized. I now know I realy shouldnt have these two together but the Aulonocara Dragon Blood was marked wrong at the lfs and they never showed any agression to each other.

Yes, any mouthbrooder can and will spawn with any other mouthbrooder. That's one of the reasons there are so many hybrids with rift lake cichlids.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick responce. I was afraid of that. I believe this is her first and have read that usualy the first time or 2 they will release the eggs early or even end up eating the eggs I will keep an eye on them and prop re home one and do a single species tank. Thanks again.

She also could be holding unfertilized eggs. I have a female venustus in qt by herself that just recently laid eggs and is holding them now. There is no other fish in with her.

Yea I think that's what she did. She either spit them or ate them. She is back to eating and cruising around as normal

Back
Top Bottom