help I've been invaded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishlover91487

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So when I came home from work I noticed hundreds of tiny almost microscopic white worms stuck to the glass in my tank. I have a 50gal with a bass, 2 brim, a pleco and crabs.I have no live plants just some rocks & fake plants and a drift wood. I feed the fish regular flakes and gold fish for the bass. How can I get rid of these creepy worms? :thanks:hmm

Attachments

• 20140908_202059.jpg
    20140908_202059.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 87
They look like planaria and if so, are completely harmless.

This is what the look like greatly enlarged:
36852-albums1539-picture10489t.jpg

36852-albums1539-picture10491t.jpg

They are often seen in tanks where the fish have been overfed. The excess food causes conditions in the tank that is favorable to them. The best way to be rid of them IMHO is to be more diligent with tank maintenance and get rid of the detritus in the tank. Once you clean things up they will go away on their own.

You can do some things to rid yourself of them, but without cleaning up the tank, they will just come back. It is healthier for your fish to just leave them alone and clean things up.

Thanks.. ive never seen them before so I was concerned. Ill definitely just clean up my tank I wouldn't want to hurt the fish. Thank you again.

Back
Top Bottom