Help me decide - tigers or congos???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vthokie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had decided to stock my 75g tank with congo tetras and a pair of kribs, but now I'm having doubts. After a recent visit to my lfs and their nice tank of tiger barbs, I began wondering if a tank full of tigers would be more interesting to watch than a tank of congos.

I think they are both beautiful fish, but I'd like to have something fun as well. I'd like to get some comments from anyone who has experience with either fish.

Thanks!

- John

I had 15 tiger barbs in my 55gal. Always interesting to watch, espcially when given live food, like ghost shrimp or earthworms. They'd all attack as a pack, kinda like little riranha. I had mine in with kribs, and they got along just fine.

I recently went through a similar situation. My decision was between congos and serpaes though. The fact that congos eat on some plants led me toward serpeas.

Congo are definitely beautiful, but a school of tiger barbs is a sight to behold. A lot more personality too.

Back
Top Bottom