Help me ID these..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amdninjaboy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just trying to figure out what hitchhikers Ive got here.. Ive got 4 things on this one piece of LR that Im trying to ID.. 2nd pic shows yellow blob, not sure at all what that is.. first pic shows all the rest, about middle of pic is larger anemone?? I think?? Then there appears to be a mushroom like thing just above that, Looks green in pic but its usually a maroon color.. Both of those seem to open and close up with the lights goin on and off.. Then there are many of the other fan tip things.. They are bright green and close up when the moonlights come on.. I was thinking aptasia but have read they are yellow or brown..
What does everyone think? Other pics are just of the fishies.. 'Spike' the porcupine puffer and a pair of occ clowns.. I also have a lawnmower blenny but he hasnt been photo friendly yet. Spending most of his time hiding in the rocks..

Thanks for any help,
Shane.

Attachments

• Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 193
  • Picture 035.jpg
    Picture 035.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 176
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 175
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 174
The yellow ones are yellow polyps and sting other corals and grow rapid. Once the inhabit a rock it will take it over. Some people like them.

Yellow blob looks to be a sponge of some type-looks like it has a couple of little tubes on the right side that it siphons water through(good thing).really looks like you got a real good piece of rock there with good growths on it.

First pic looks like a majano nem, which you don't want, surrounded by yellow polyps (which are a coral, easy to care for) the rest looks like GHA.

Hope you have a large tank for that puffer, they get big

aiptasia x will kill majanos over time. They're a little harder to kill so it takes a while.

Back
Top Bottom