Help Me Name My Snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADsnail

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought a baby blue mystery snail. Help! What's a good name?

No prizes in this contest - or maybe I'll name my next fish after you :flowers:

If you are english and of a certain age, there is only one thing you could possibly call a snail.

Brian

ohNR9Wz.jpeg

https://the-magic-roundabout.fandom.com/wiki/Brian

My vote is for Brian the Snail. (Even though Brian is a land snail).

I had not heard of The Magic Roundabout but now, after finding it online and watching several episodes featuring Brian the Snail in particular, I am totally hooked. I especially love the one about Brian's golden shell - his track suit and then that fantastic suave black suit with the little drawn-on moustache. I love it! Thanks for this...I may never again be able to look at a snail without picturing it in a straw boater and scarf. It's time to party!

The Magic Roundabout used to be on the BBC at the end of the kids TV immediately before the 6 o'clock news. So many adults used to watch it after returning home from work. I recall a major stink when the BBC moved it earlier in the kids TV schedule as adults couldnt then watch it, so it got moved back.

It was rumoured that all the characters represented a different "substance". But this was strongly denied by the writer. Interestingly it was a french made TV show, and the BBC writer (Emma Thompsons dad) ignored the french scripts and totally rewrote them based on what he saw on screen, including renaming the characters. In particular the french didnt like Dougal because they thought it was making fun of Charles de Gaulle.

"Time for bed"

The stoner rabbit is easy to see (I went to high school with that dude in the 70s) but Brian seems like just an average nice fellow.

Though he is capable of suddenly zooming around with surprising speed. Sort of like looking at a snail slowly chugging along, on land or aquatic, and when you look away and look back it's in a completely different place.

Hmm...yes...those manic moves, and then there are the delusions of grandeur like the golden shell and King Brian. Okay, was there ever an episode where Brian ran a lettuce cartel?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom