Help me please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

codman625

Aquarium Advice Newbie
OK, so I got a fish tank last summer. It is a ten gallon tank and I had 1 blue gourami and 1 Dalmatian Molly. The Molly had a baby and died while I was away for vacation last august. I am away at school and having my family take care of the tank. They called me in September to tell me that there was a small orange shell with a snail-like creature inside that was walking around on the bottom. Every week when I talk to them they tell me there are more shells. I just got back for thanksgiving break and there are between 20-35 shells/snails, orange, about 1/8-1/4 in. in length. I am basically ready to clean this tank from top to bottom but I am so confused as to what is going on and where they're coming from. Help me Please!

nope. No live plants. All plastic. I wanted to keep it simple for them to maintain while I was there

Possibly ramshorn snails? They are kind of orangeish brown. I was reading something earlier about snails possibly coming with the fish, in the bags. And if your fish are being overfed, they will reproduce faster, I believe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom