Help Me Revamp My 29 gallon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many folks put the CO2 on a separate timer and start it about an hour before the lights come on and turn it off about an hour before lights out. The allows the CO2 to build up so there is enough available when the lights come on and saves your CO2 store in that last hour (no need to add it).
If you do not have one, get a drop checker. It will help you gauge the bps you should set for the bubble counter. Blue = low CO2, green = adequate CO2, yellow = excess CO2

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Okay thanks. I actually ordered a drop checker last night and some 4dkh solution. I have a lot of extra ph test kits here so im thinking that i can use that for the solution since it should be the bromothyl blue that comes with most kits (The dc i got on ebay came with no liquids). Still adjusting my co2. Its weird i will have it set to about 1 bps and i will come back to it an hour later and i will be getting no bps.

I have the aquatek too. The adjustment knob can be annoying at first, but once you have your dc you can definitely increase. I currently don't run a dc. My fish are my indicator and I run 4 to 5 bps. No fish gasping for air.

I did turn the co2 up a bit to 2-3 bps. Pretty pumped for the driftwood to come in. Even better is that I just got a 30% off all fish and live plants coupon in the mail from That Fish Place which is a 20 min drive from my house. Broke out the quarantine/spare 20 gallon today.

So my wood came in a week or two ago and I have finally found the time to lay it out. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442773705.852656.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442773721.058890.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442773738.218146.jpg

So the cardboard is the same dimensions as the tank. Gonna go with fissidens fontanus moss on the tips of the wood, anubias nana in thr middle, and java fern at the base.

Those are really nice pieces of wood! Is it called spider wood? Also where did you order it from?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I always saw pics of Manzanita that were more red. I'd thay because there's bark still on it?

Ah ok
I like the red but does the bark eventually fall off in the tank if you leave it on the branch?

Yahhhhhh! Looks great man, dw sets it off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks man. Excited for it to grow in. Ive got narrow leaf micro sword in for the carpet, fissidens fontanus on the outer most edges of the dw, anubias nana in the middle and java ferns tied onto the back.

Thanks man. Excited for it to grow in. Ive got narrow leaf micro sword in for the carpet, fissidens fontanus on the outer most edges of the dw, anubias nana in the middle and java ferns tied onto the back.

Jungle val in there too?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I appreciate a filled tank! Weird pet peeve of mine when the water level is low (unless it's a turtle tank).
I see crypt corner.

No jungle val. Not sure of all the names but large leaf neon green stem plant in back left corner, with blxa as midground, narrow leaf ludwigia in back middle, and some other midground plant in front of the crypts. I have had great success with the micro swords carpeting in a non co2 nano tank so they should take off with the co2 and ferts.

That'll look real nice once it grows in. Thats a beautiful piece of manzanita right there. I always hated the red color that I've seen but that grayish brown is super nice.

The neon green plant is probably cabomba, ambulia, or bacopa. Probably cabomba.

How tall did the micro sword get for you? I've always heard it grows too tall to carpet in low tech set ups.

Back
Top Bottom