Help me stock my 40gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So tomorrow I am picking up a 40gallon Breeder to begin my cycle. going to throw my filter on the tank form my 10 gallon for a quick cycle.

Here is my ONLY required fish is a pair of Firemouth Cichlids. So I have a LITTLE bit of space to fill I do want it under stocked because I want them to Breed now and then, so heres what I need.

1 Fish that will eat fry when I dont want them breeding, Will just remove the fish when I want them to breed and put it in my 29 or 75gallon just depending on what the fish is and how much space it needs.

really want a pleco, this might work as fry control because I have read that they will eat substrate breeders eggs at night while they sleep so if this is true that would be great.

Also I would like some ideas of some other things Honestly the 3 fish would be fine for the most part but if theres something cool I could add in with the firemouths im of course interested.

The tank will have sand substrate, rocks (slate rock caves), and thats really it, may have some fake plants?

thinking maybe a golden nugget pleco? Iv been reading and they eat eggs and I dont really want something that will get in the way of the Firemouths when they are full grown.

Back
Top Bottom