Help!! Mollies sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctordamen

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well, today I did my scheduled water changes on my tanks. I left the house at 3pm and all fish were happy, i thought, when i returned at 4pm i saw a black mollie laying on the bottom of the tank with my 2 ADFs(frogs) and 2 ghost shrimp going crazy on it! both frogs were ripping and tearing this fish apart and the shrimp were on top and all around picking up what they could. it was a little gruesome for my two kids to see lol. it was removed immediately.

Upon closer inspection of the other fish in the tank, i noticed a rust colour appearing on two other dalmation mollies. Is this normal? or something i should be addressing?

ammonia is 0.0ppm, nitrite is 0.0ppm, nitrate is 20-40ppm with a bunch of live plants. ph 7.5, temp 78

the only new thing introduced recently was an anubias, and using Big Als bio-support.

i will add a pic from my phone shortly.

any thoughts?

Maybe someone can refer me to another site... I'm not getting much from here

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think people are waiting to see your pic... which I do not see. not sure what the rust color appearing is, did you say how long you have had your fish? how long have you had your tank up and running?

Did you add the bio support at the water change?

I've had that colour on my mollies before with no troubles.

Readings are fine.

Did you do anything much else at the water change. Sounds like that was when it started? Had they been all good up to that point?

I added the bio support 2 days ago, noticed the dead Mollie yesterday and have noticed this other Mollie moving slow, that rust colour and its top fin is down

Everybody else looks happy, I also have a prego Dalmation Mollie that is getting ready to give birth soon, prego platy, prego guppy, and prego ghost shrimp.

I would skip adding any more bio-support for a bit. It's possible for the bacteria to attack the fish.

Is your tap water fairly well temp matched to tank when you do a pwc?

Back
Top Bottom