HELP!!! My fish fry's tail is bent!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rachell

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Today I was taking my fry out of their breeding net with a ladle. I got one of them an he tried to get out and I was dragging the ladle on the side of the net and I think he got stuck in there or something because when I got it out of the tank to put into the holding tank his little tail is bent and he's not swimming at all!!! :-( he's trying with his side fins but he needs his tail!!! What do I do?!

Ok :( I feel bad for you. I would relax, maybe call a vet if your vet offers caring for fish. This may seem cruel, but I could probably help more something if you give me a picture. Sorry I can't help more, :(

Okay. You can't really tell that it's bent in the picture and it honestly looks better from when it first happened. The front of his body is towards the bottom of the water and his tail is kind of floating to the top.

It kind of looks like its bent at the back but it's actually where the bulk of his body meets his tail that it looked like before

Back
Top Bottom