Help my fish is lazy!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angeltank

Aquarium Advice Regular
:???:ok so i went and got 6 snails and a clown placo the other day and so far the only ones doing any thing are the snails the placo is just chilling out on the filter intake, and NO HE IS NOT DEAD i thought he was so i turned the pump on and off a few times and he just moved to the other side of the intake and when it went back on he went right back to where he was. im just kinda scared that he is not eating so does any one have any ideas as to what i can do about this?

thanx in advance!!

The same thing happened to me. I bought 4 Blue Flame Tetras. After a while they all ate except one. I was kinda worried but I thought that maybe he was shy and that he will get better. After two weeks he got fin rot and now I am afraid that he might die.

Check every single day for signs of illness. If you do find anything, treat immediately.

What have you tried to feed him? Clown plecos like meaty foods, so throw in some shrimp pellets or bottom feeder wafers if you haven't already. They can be nocturnal too, so he probably will eat at night.

Clown plecos mostly only feed on wood and vegetables, does it have those two things? They need the wood to help them digest wood or they will end up bloated/constipated and die. Being nocturnal they need places to hide in the day and will only come out at night.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom