Help, my guppies all die this way. WHY??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Endlers are small and boring to be honest, I have been a guppy and fish hobbyist for 5 years. I highly doubt that they are all weak from inbreeding, this is true sometimes, but it is more likely a disease or parasite or water/food problem. Trust me I have killed plenty of guppies on accident, you can't expect to master something in a few day or weeks of the hobby. I recommend to read up on diseases and watch what they do before they die.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

believe it or not the bully is a rosy red feeder fish... i transfered him to the tank w/ my frog and gold fish... i just noticed that he also looks like he has a blackhead under his skin. is this cause for concern?? please HELP
oh i have learned what they do before they die. its the same with all. 1st they hang out real close to the filter, 2nd they go off more to be by themself, 3rd their fin looks like they are swimming real fast but are not moving anywhere, 4th they start to swim close to the gravel (very close), 5th they get startled swim off fast and do this for a few minutes. lastly they kind of drop from top of tank to bottom in a vertical position. this entire process is less than a half hour before they die. its truly sad and i am useless. there is no point of return for them.. i hope it was just the rosy red bulling them. i watched him do this for almost an hour today before i was able to catch and transfer him.. but now with that 'pimple' like thing im concerned about all the fish.

Last edited:
the water has been tested and all in normal range. i dont recall numbers but all perfect.. i dont even want to touch the water for fear it may change.. i have done great its been 3 days and no guppies have died... i know i said i give up on them but i am tossing around the idea of ordering Endlers.. what do you all think??? i would have to order online i have called the local stores and they dont have any... should i go for it? should i wait.. opinions and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

I would suggest investing in an at home ammonia, nitrite and nitrate tests. The liquid ones are always better.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a ton of guppies and I have only had massive fish kills from accidental chemical spills by soap. What kind of sponge do you use for that tank?

Sounds like ammonia poisoning and parasites or "velvet". Luckily with a water change and some copper safe your fish should be fine..... Anything else? Any skin lesions, white patches? Tan area under skin?

Get some copper safe when you can and do a 50 percent water change first.

I really am starting to think it's a bully. This is only happening with my guppies. Today I was gone all day and all were fine, I was home for an hour and found one floating (sorry to be gross) but his eyes were gone. They have no other signs, there's no symptoms or warning. It's fast and quick. I have removed 2 fish that may be the culprit. The most aggressive fish in that tank now is an angel fish and she's small. Also as asked, they show no signs, eyes look normal, no black or white spots, no extra film on them, scales are as they should be. As for wiping it I use a fish only towel sometimes paper towel. I've researched and read allot and the only thing that makes sense is another fish. I will know within a couple days. I'm really getting frustrated!!!! And someone suggested using BW salt, problem is I can't find any. Ugh grrrrrr. Anyone?? Please feel free to offer suggestions or opinions. Note I do water changes often as there is so much death. I usually get them out quick but sometimes it's while I'm asleep. I check on them often like mother hen because I don't want a disaster. I am getting tired and afraid I'm going to give up even though I enjoy it. I don't want to keep killing gish

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

1 small angel. I was told this was fine. No?

Oh WTF!!! Now what??? They told me it was ok.... I'm pissed.

I will try and get one. He's really timid. Hang on I'll go get one

I got him from a family owned exotic fish store. I asked, told them the issues I've had with guppies. This started before I got the angel fish. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406014932.897537.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406014994.387238.jpg

Angels tend to nip at the tails of guppies, and can be harassing bullies

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406015343.871847.jpg help I just brought her home. I don't have Q tank so I put her in breeding net to keep her safe

Did you get the pic? Idk if or how fish sleep but it does not look good. Suggestion?

Her gills are inflamed, if you don't have a Q tank, just get a bucket and fill it with new water that you would put in your tank, and put her in there instead

Ok is there anything else I can do? What causes inflammation? Idk much and I've been doing this since may. I feel dumb.

Back
Top Bottom