HELP!! My Oscar jumped out of the tank ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would monitor him closely, make sure nothing with his swimming changes, and check for cuts/bumps/abrasions. Watch for signs of stress. A clean and healthy tank atmosphere is probably the best thing for him.

Means he needs a bigger tank. It thinks the space you have provided for it is to small that's why it's trying to jump into a bigger space so to speak

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Means he needs a bigger tank. It thinks the space you have provided for it is to small that's why it's trying to jump into a bigger space so to speak

Bold statement having no info. On the tank.....
Op, keep the water pristine and feed quality food. What size is the tank? Did he get startled from the lights or a loud noise perhaps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's nonsense, Astronotus ocellatus don't jump because they're tank is to small. There are a variety of reasons such as being spooked, chasing other fish/food, poor water quality but the tank being to small isn't one of the reasons.

To the original poster simply keep the water clean and leave the tank lights out for a day or two to help the fish relax.

He is in a 65 Gal. And he always jumps up when I am feeding him. I use to feed him. I will do a fast water change just to make sure everything is safe and keep the lights out. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom