Help! Need new tank setup advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Neisa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey how are you? My moms fish tank broke so she gave me the fish that survived that sad event (only one) and I kept her in a small fish bowl for about four or five months. I decided later that I wanted to get more fish so I bought a five gallon tank I think. (It was a kit thing and the box said size 5 tank so I'm assuming it's five gal. Could be wrong tho.) I set this tank up and put my single fish into it And she did well. She was in there for about a week or two by herself cuz I didn't have much time that week to go to the store. when I finally got more fish I bought three more fish and put them into the tank. The next day my fish started dying. The fish my mom gave me went first then one of the ones that I bought. So I looked on the Internet and found out I did about fifty million things wrong when I set up this new tank. So, how on earth do you set up a new fish tank the right way? I didnt know there were special things you have to do for a fish tank to be good for the fish to live in. I should also mention that my fish are mollies. I have two left and currently they are in the fish bowl thing I had first which is too small for them both.
Sorry for writing a novel for you but I don't know any other way to explain what's goin on.
Thanks much

I would suggest going to the getting started section and reading the fish less cycle for dummies sticky. You need to do a partial water change in your 5 gallon and invest in a liquid water testing kit, not the strips.

Okay. I looked for a test kit today but all I could find was strips. Is there anywhere online that sells the other kind?

Back
Top Bottom