help! need opinions on what to do.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh bubbles would be perfect at hurdling.. he used to jump over the bubble wand!.. i got a video of him doing it but the memory card had problems :O and he never does it anymore since hes become a grumpy bum. so i think i'll lower the water!

Here's a pic of something he used to do when he was nice:
img_1048799_0_45669cda04aa646cae09a64b170398de.jpg

He would sit on the filter haha.. i think he thought he was clever cause he could fight the filter current and get up there.

your BGK is a cutie by the way!

Keep us posted!
shall do! but hopefully bubbles wont get into mischief :p

Oh, I LOVE my BGK, he is SO much fun! I had him and the gourami both tring to take the food from my hand at the same time tonight lol!

2 of my bettas sleep on the suction cups of the heater lol!

That is funny he "swims upstream" to get there!

LOL @ "when he was nice"! Who would want a boring fish anyway lol! He sounds very mischevious!

What a cutie!
Snuggled between the surface and the vibrations of the filter..awe!
My last betta used to sleep on the suction cups too dkpate!
As grumpy as bettas are, you cant beat 'em!

haha how cute!.. My boyfriend makes bubbles jump for food (probably the only reason he likes bubbles.. otherwise when i speak about fish he falls asleep haha)

i think i might put BGK on my future fish list :p.. i'm renting in student apartments at the moment and only allowed small fish tanks :( .

he likes swimming "upstream" now and then haha.. (well now he cant in the divider). he seems to really like challenges. I've got a video of the catfish and you can see bubbles in the background swimming up the filter current and tumbling down and do it over and over haha its hilarious.

As grumpy as bettas are, you cant beat 'em!
my boyfriend really doesn't understand the point of keeping fish or why i want every species :p .. but he does like bettas.. His suggestion on stocking a tank is.. "put heaps of bettas in 1 tank".. haaa that would be a beautiful tank tho

That would be!!
And apparently it is possible, with a large enough tank and their all siblings.
The bettas sold now are obviously going to be grumpy if their in little cups they can barely spin in, and housed next to their flaring buddy!
I read a few stories on the internet of successful breeders having a beautiful (and peaceful) betta tank!!
I would DIE to have one!!

LOL!
BGK's need big tanks though, even if they are only 4 inches when you get them! They will get between 14-18 inches....pretty ginormous! I did not know this when I bought him, but now I do, and when he gets bigger, I will have to get bigger than the 75G I have now. OH WELL! I will just have to get more fish lol!
My husband thinks the fish are boring too....but I don't care, I love them! He will look in the tank sometimes, and be like "Uhhh, where did those come from?" I have to bat my eyelashes and say, "Well honey, they were one sale." LOL! Are fish EVER on sale???

haha yeah there huge fish!.. im planning 2 hopefully have a room dedicated to fish.. (when im rich that is.. hopefully this studying pays off hahaha). No harm in dreaming :p

my corys were on "sale" i suppose... 4 for the price of 3 haha "its a bargain!" and when i have money and a house with a room to spare.. i'm sure i'll be saying.. "dearest.. this 500 gallon tank was on sale.. and of course i have to fill it with something!"

HAHAHA! Sounds like a great plan! Cory's still doing good today? And Bubbles still thinking of ways to outsmart you?

corys are great this morning.. they just finished there breakfast and now there frolicking while bubbles stares haha..

I found bubbles ripped out 1 of the stem plants.. i suspect he tried pole vaulting over the divider last night with no luck ;)

hahaha.. he's been pushing it around his little area.. probably thinking "if i ram this at the divider.. i'll be freeeeee"

img_1049008_0_01cb72406fd1b79235b65a273dae81cc.jpg

Ok, so far he is the funniest, most mischevious betta I have EVER heard of! Everything you have told me makes me laugh! Except for the biting the cory's part lol!
But the hurdling and pole vaulting is just about killing me every time I see this post!
I think he should be in the fish Olympics!
Today when I was feeding my BGK and D. Gourami, I noticed the DG was squirting water out of his mouth at me! I think he was trying to knock the food out of my hand LOL! I was laughing SOOO hard! It has been a good day so far, now I have to go to work, uuugh....

haha bubbles is a smart little fishy!..
hahaha i've watched a video of a dwarf gourami spitting water and jumping.. sooooooooo adorable!.. have fun at work!.. i should probably do something contructive :p .. i just started holidays sooooo.. what to do.. what to do

I think Bubbles is a little too smart LOL! My dogs are the same way...They like to pretend to be dumb, but when I am not looking, they are VERY smart, little brats! HAHA!
They have a video of it??? LOL! This is the first time he has ever done it, and maaaan was it funny!
Yeah, work is reaaallllyyyy fun....no it's not. LOL! But I did just get my snow tires! WHOO HOO!
Whenever I am supposed to do something constructive, I get on the computer or watch TV lol.

I think hes finally accepted he isnt going to escape.. haha.. He's still not happy when he see's the corys swimming around the divider (which they do alot! i was watching them today all lined up staring at bubbles hahaha) but i think he learnt his lesson.. He's currently decided to spend his prison time blowing a bubble nest.. the first time in this tank!

yes! i know a few golden retrievers that pretend to be dumb... selective hearing!..

haha yes tv and computer r good!.. But to be constructive im considering a DIY 3D background.. butttt thats a bit ambitious :p

HAHAHA! I love your fish! The cory's sound pretty funny too! Like kids teasing him lol!
LOL @ prison time!!! Bubble nests are good! One sign of him being happy!!! 3/4 of my bettas make bubble nests, which are a pain to clean up though lol! They will be very unhappy though when they find out that I am not going to give them a girlfriend....
A 3D background? COOL! What kind of pics are you wanting to do on there? Plants? Wood? Sounds awesome!

The corys are little characters hahaha.. i wish i could get a pic of them all lined up, frozen mid water at bubble's height.. staring.. but when i get the camera they're offffffff (plus i have a million baby snails on the glass that the camera focuses on!!!)..
Bubbles used to make huge bubble nests but in this tank it seems the filter blows away or pops them. He's taking prison as a time for perfecting his bubble blowing technique haha.

i was thinking of a background like this sort of thing.. hides the heater and filter and looks pretty cool.. but i dunno if i can be bothered haha..
ECL3D_0044.jpg

WOW! That background looks awesome!!! It looks SO REAL!

My betta, Diablo, makes bubble nests away from the filter lol. I think he has 3 going now. He is a busy boy! And the other one, Shy, (he used to be shy lol, not anymore), makes them to cover the whole top, which is why I have to take them out every day. I think he might be a little desperate HAHA!

Back
Top Bottom