help needed please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DazUK

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi guys.
i came home from work today to find 75% of my fish in my fry tank covered in these white spots and 2 of my sulphur head fry dead. i have sulphur head, red obs, nabilia, yellow labs and lombardi fry growing on in the same tank and all has been well until today. the lombardi and yellow labs seem to be unaffected though. i have done water tests and everything is spot on with PH, amonia, nitrites and nitrates..

please can anyone shed any light on what this could be and a possible cure. i have raised the temperature to 82 and done a 50% pwc and cleaned filters and media. i may be wrong but the white spots seem too many and too small to be Ich(white spot) and am pretty sure i would have noticed this before if it indeed is Ich.

any help would be greatly appreciated..

many thanks

Darren

Attachments

• nabilia.jpg
    nabilia.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0339.jpg
    IMG_0339.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 63
looks like ich....ich can be numerous and can easily cover the whole body even the eyes in serious cases...i would suggest adding vitamins and garlic guard to their food to help boost immune system...ask you lfs for the best available ich treatment for your fishes...for freshwater fish treatments some people will do 'saltwater dips' or will add epsom/or instant ocean salt to the tank...i would seek advice first on how to properly administer these treatments, because if done incorrectly it can risk the lives of your fish...

Do not add instant ocean that's for saltwater tanks. Get aquarium salt 2 totally different things. And you already raised the temp which Is good. IMO higher temps and aquarium salt is better than using meds.

Many thanks for your replies and suggestions. I have raised the temp to 82 and added the salt. Will just have to wait and hope for the best.
Once again. Thanks for your replies.

Darren

Back
Top Bottom