Help please! ADF abusing my snail!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squiffy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Recently got an ADF and he has been using my snail as a platform to stick his head out of the water. Sometimes jumping and knocking the snail down. Now Speedy the snail has a crack in his shell. Is there anything I can do (short of returning the frog) to get this to stop?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1411611374991.jpg
    1411611374991.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 95
you sure the crack was caused by the frog?
to get the frog to stop using the snail as a platform, get something like a betta bed for it to stand on, or maybe a large leaved plant, or just lower the water level. He is just trying to stay at the surface so he can get air easy. The snail should be fine either way, they are very durable.

As a side note, have you checked your water parameters. Sometimes critters want to get out if the water isn't right. Since they are both hanging out at the top I am a little concerned.

There are silk lily pads for frogs. You might want to get him one. You might find a plant with step like leaves for him too. They can jump out so be cautious with any openings. Duct tape works well, lol.

Back
Top Bottom