Help please! Glofish with split fin :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pwypGlofish

Aquarium Advice Regular
I know I haven't posted for a while and I'm desperate for help because Lemon, one of my tetra Glofish has a gash in his dorsal fin

I cleaned the tank a few days ago and today I noticed of his splitted fin there, I don't know if it was when I used the aquarium fish net or the decorations inside the aquarium... It's so sad to see him this way, but he's acting and swimming normally :( I'm just really worried.

Any help would brighten my day, for now I'm removing decorations and checking on him. Thanks in advance :bawl:

Attachments

• IMG-3757.jpg
    IMG-3757.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 260
There doesnt look to be any signs of infection, so it should heal up if you keep the water clean. Some additional, small water changes will help keep the water pristine.

Keep an eye on things for now.

I think glo tetras are GM black phantoms (glofish are illegal here in UK so i dont know much about them apart from what ive read) and male black phantoms can get fighty when they are competing for females. I presume glo tetras have similar behaviour. That could be the cause. Usually nothing more harmful than a damaged fin like you are seeing.

If things dont improve then let us know, but for now just try and keep your water clean.

Keep an eye out for what might have caused it. My black phantoms do fight sometimes and im sure 1 killed another one a few years back, but that's not typical. Once they established a pecking order the fights died down. The fights are cool to watch though if they are doing that.

Like i said i have no personal experience with glofish as they are illegal here. Ive never even seen one in the flesh.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom