Help please tia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beth.

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a used aquarium. When I got home I wanted to be safe and asked how it was cleaned up. Glad I called. Pine-sol. I have been cleaning it with vinegar water and now have it outside hosing it. Is there anyway for sure I can tell it is clear of pine-sol? I did take a test, I don't know if it tells anything or not with the water from the hose. All the same as my tap water. Would evidence of pine-sol show up?

I'm sure the vinegar cleaned it out, but to be sure you could always fill it full of regular bleach water and let it soak overnight. The chlorine remover in tap water treatment will neutralize any resudue after you drain it and refill

I'm sure the vinegar cleaned it out, but to be sure you could always fill it full of regular bleach water and let it soak overnight. The chlorine remover in tap water treatment will neutralize any resudue after you drain it and refill
Bleach? I heard that was bad.

As long as you drain the tank and rinse it out good. I bought a used tank and canister filter once that house turtles. It was a cesspool. Almost made me gag. I soaked the tank and all the components in bleach water, then rinsed it out. Used dechlorinator when refilling. It's clean, free from salmonella and had fish swimming in it for several months now

Thanks. I didn't think n of putting dechlorinator in after the bleach.

Back
Top Bottom