help please! tree alge????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rjustice

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi everyone, i just joined the site and i hope you guys can help me out a lil.

ok so here goes, my mom has a 55gal. freshwater tank with a sm. placo and 10 other sm. fish. the problem is there are these white/gray lacy tree like things growing on her tank glass, at the bottom next to the gravel. and on some of her glass "rocks". when u look at them through a mag. glass they have what looks like tiny pearls on the "branches", it looks like it grows flat against the wall. it isnt moving and looks stiff. and it looks like it has roots going down into the gravel. its odd b/c this stuff seems to grow in the darkest parts of the tank. we didnt want it to spread so we have not touched it, i thought it might have spores or something. they do seem to grow very fast, we first noticed it yesterday am, and i could swear it has doubled in size and number. ive attached a pic. so u can see what it is, but it looks green in the pic, in person it is white/gray.

PLEASE HELP! what is it and how do we get rid of it? will it hurt the fish? she keeps her tank very clean, all the test levels are perfect, vac.the gravel and does pwc 1x a week. we would be greatful for any advice or info thanks

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom