Help please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dxbeast8508

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have noticed white spots on my tetra and Pleco, I think it might be early stages of ich. They are also flashing. I believe I got the ich from a contaminated plant from another tank. Someone on another thread I have mentioned raising the temperature and cleaning the gravel. What I need to know is if this is indeed ich and are there any other types of illnesses that could mimic ich. I want to be sure I am treating the right thing. Also what should I do to treat this exactly?

Not sure if it helps but I had ic a year and a half ago and the heat only meathid worked GREAT. I went up about a 1 degree I think every 12 hours or so and worked great

That is what I am going to try. I'm going to get a new heater today. The heater I have now is preset. I will let you know how the progress is going. Thanks everyone.

That is what I am going to try. I'm going to get a new heater today. The heater I have now is preset. I will let you know how the progress is going. Thanks everyone.
good luck
and dont freak when it looks bad after a day ot two. by heating the water you are speeding the life cycle so it gets worse before better but it will look bad then all of a sudden you will see a HUGE improvement. once it is gone leave it up for a day or 2 JUST IN CASE and donet drop the temp all at once... go back down the same way.

I also wouldnt suggest any more than 1 degree every 12 hours. I did mine when i got up for work, then after dinner.

Well it looks like everything is back to normal in my tank. My tetra did great and I was afraid I was going to loose my rubber lip, but he pulled through and is more active this morning. I'm going to start dropping the temperature this afternoon once I give them one more thorough look over. thanks everyone who gave me the heat advice!!

Back
Top Bottom