Help! Please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zinthos26

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My betta is dying. I don't think he has much time. The past week I've noticed him spending a lot more time laying at the bottom but he would still get excited whenever I got close to the tank. But now just overnight he has lost all of his color and is barely moving around.
I keep him in a 3 gallon aquafarm. So the plants on top are the filter. I've had him in there since December and it's fully cycled. I just tested the water and my ph is at 7.6 ammonia 0 nitrites 0 and maybe a small hint of nitrates. GH and KH are at 3. Temperature stays at 76.
Last water change was on Tuesday and I also added a silk plant. That is about when he started showing symptoms but I rinsed the plant well and got it from Petco. Could that have caused this?
Or is he just old? I got him last summer.
Anybody have any ideas? Any kind of help would be appreciated.

I've now moved to his old bowl with heater and low water so it's easier for him to breathe. Don't know if that was the best decision but I had to so something. Wondering if I should be running out and buying some medication? I searched online and a bacterial infection seems to match the best to his symptoms. Or is it just old age? I'm guessing he's around 2 years

I'm sorry how old was he
Could any chemicals have gotten into the tank

He was 2 yrs old! Pretty decent life! Sound bacterial to me.

Back
Top Bottom