Help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In fact, I've been drooling over a column tank for quite a while now. Although I wouldn't go quite as tall as that for light purposes :)

What's an LFS? Also now I have these fish which are unsuitable what can I do with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What's an LFS? Also now I have these fish which are unsuitable what can I do with them?

Personally, I would either return them or start a second tank. I would probably do the latter because I'm an addict.

A LFS is a Local fish Store

I actually got this tank because I wanted a fish tank and it was cheaper than a standard lamp. I have a 25watt bulb in it and it lights up lovely. I reckon as you every experienced you should go for it and get one

I actually got this tank because I wanted a fish tank and it was cheaper than a standard lamp. I have a 25watt bulb in it and it lights up lovely. I reckon as you every experienced you should go for it and get one

Heh, I currently have neither the room nor the money at the moment. It would cost me at least $300 for a lighting system to do what I want to with it. Not to mention a sump and a return pump.

I got this tank for a steal. They got for £600 - £800 and I picked it up for £60 so it was well worth a try for my first attempt

If I was to keep this tank what do you recommend I stock it with seeing as I've done it so wrongly with fish shop advice

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

If I was to keep this tank what do you recommend I stock it with seeing as I've done it so wrongly with fish shop advice

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Platies, guppies, harlequin rasbora, more cardinal tetras, Celestial pearl danios, and American flagfish would all be good options.

How many gallons is that tank?

It's 200 litres (no idea in gallons) I like the American flag fish but haven't seen them in any of the shops I've been to I wanted to stay away from the usual guppies and platys. My little boy wants me to get discus but I know that the tank is far too small for them.
Would rainbow fish be ok in this?
Sorry to be a pain in the butt

It's 200 litres (no idea in gallons) I like the American flag fish but haven't seen them in any of the shops I've been to I wanted to stay away from the usual guppies and platys. My little boy wants me to get discus but I know that the tank is far too small for them.
Would rainbow fish be ok in this?
Sorry to be a pain in the butt

sadly, the rainbows need at minimum 36" of side to side swimming space so it won't really work for them. Have you looked at endlers? they are basically the same as guppies but come in different colors.

No I've never heard of them but I will google them.
Thanks very much for your help

Tbh, if you have not stocked it, I recommend you dwarf puffers with bumblebee movies and otoclinclus cats, and you can have many of them since they are extremely small.

Another option would be female bettas with panda cories maybe...
good luck!

Sent from my LG-P880 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tbh, if you have not stocked it, I recommend you dwarf puffers with bumblebee movies and otoclinclus cats, and you can have many of them since they are extremely small.

Another option would be female bettas with panda cories maybe...
good luck!

I would avoid stocking OTO cats with the puffers because the puffers tend to be a bit too aggressive but the bumblebees and puffers would work.

My oto cats work in my tank. The oto cats are actually the better candidate for a tank mate. If you look online, they actually recommend oto cats... depends on the personality of the puffer actually... also, in my experience, the 1 puffer per 5 gallon rule is not fully accurate. In my tank, I had 8 of them and they formed a small school in my 20g and a harem, according to my experience. Don't quote me on it :D

I was under the impression you could only have the one puffer because they are quite territorial is this correct or more bad advice?

Correct and bad advice depending. For me, ratio of 4 females to 1 male works, well if you search around online, you'd fine some contradicting advice...

You might, and might not trust me, and many people have different opinions on this, but I personally would do dwarf puffers as a school, if you search around, you'll see that dwarf puffers school in the wild, so...

I have already stocked it but it seems due to bad advice I have stocked it with the wrong fish. I'm liking the puffer, cat fish and bumblebee gobi idea. I will speak with my supplier to see if I can return the stock I have although they all seem to be doing very well now. I think I was changing the water too often and too much and it went through another cycle

Great to be of help :)

Back
Top Bottom