Help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stardaddy2016

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello every one my cichlids tank has trumpet snails how do i kill them as there should not be in there and rwally dont want them and how do you get then what is the cause of getting them meny thanks russell

Sent from my SM-G925F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Kasuri wormer is reportedly good for killing snails or you could put some lettuce in a bottle in the tank and remove the bottle when the snails are inside.Might take a few goes though.
They are prolific breeders.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Lool i love getting new fish and thats grate so all i nwed is some bottom feeder and could you tell me why you get them please so i can stop it from happen again

Do you fella think this will work as it says its safe to treat with the fish aswell

Attachments

• 1461746273073.jpg
    1461746273073.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 1461746297649.jpg
    1461746297649.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 56
Hi, The population will be kept under control or eradicated depending on how many catfish and or loaches you put in. Here is a link to a synodontis multipunctatus PlanetCatfish.com - Synodontis multipunctatus • Mochokidae • Cat-eLog

Snails end up in an aquarium by either buying them, having snail on plants you buy, or having snail eggs on plants that you buy. There are meds that will kill snails and eggs when you buy plants. Having snails is not that bad if you can control them with fish that eat snails.

Good luck.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm assassin snails?? They work pretty pretty good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've never been an advocate for adding fish to help maintain a pest problem. There are many commercial and DIY snail traps that work well without adding fish or using chemicals.

Aquarium Snail Trap: Sera Snail Collect

Agree 100% with this.Your more likely to create more problems.
Often loaches (particularly clown loaches) are recommend with no knowledge of the tank they are going in and those bad boys need a minimum of a 6ft tank to reach maturity (they grow to over a foot long in the right conditions and are very social fish so need to be in groups to thrive)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom