HELP!!! Sick guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shayshine

Aquarium Advice Newbie
my guppy is swimming vertically for a few days now when he stays still he like shivers, sometimes he swims around the tank normal but i can tell hes not as perky as usual, i really don't want to loose him any sugestions

shayshine said:
my guppy is swimming vertically for a few days now when he stays still he like shivers, sometimes he swims around the tank normal but i can tell hes not as perky as usual, i really don't want to loose him any sugestions

Is your guppy still swimming like this? what size tank? What is your stock? What are your levels? (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, Ph). Does he seem bloated? Any physical signs? sorry for all the questions but it will help us rule out certain things.

butterfly koi

its a 15 gallon tany with heater and top flowing filter. temp stays around 76 i have 2 male guppies my amonia says good but i havent gotten a kit for everything. He just seems all droopy i think that he might have been stressed out he isn't approching the front of the tank like he usually dose.

shayshine said:
its a 15 gallon tany with heater and top flowing filter. temp stays around 76 i have 2 male guppies my amonia says good but i havent gotten a kit for everything. He just seems all droopy i think that he might have been stressed out he isn't approching the front of the tank like he usually dose.

The one thing that comes to mind when dealing with a fish that swims vertically is swim bladder disease. But it could just be stress, when was the last time you did a pwc?

Back
Top Bottom