Help! Sick Oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eeneryllek

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Xxxxxxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435450589.512755.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435450589.512755.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 63
Forgot to mention...she also hasn't eaten in 3 days.
At first I thought maybe they were breeding. The other one became even more protective of her. But now I'm not so sure what's going on.
She's swimming around a little right now, but still looks like she's struggling.

Lateral line erosion in both.. what's the maintanence?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Agree with this 100% what are the readings on ammonia nitrite and nitrate?
Other than lots of water changes I'm not sure how to treat this.
Just a note your wayyyyyyy over stocked. I find it hard to believe the water quality is fine.

Ammonia was 0
Nitrite was 0
Nitrate was 20
Did a water change after I tested.

Weekly water changes, levels are always good.

Never heard of this, but just looked it up. Sounds like what it is. Any suggestions to treat it?
I purchased the tank set up a year & a half ago and they were in with an Asian knife fish that almost killed both of them. I got them back to health and had just assumed those lines were from the attacks.

Never heard of this, but just looked it up. Sounds like what it is. Any suggestions to treat it?
I purchased the tank set up a year & a half ago and they were in with an Asian knife fish that almost killed both of them. I got them back to health and had just assumed those lines were from the attacks.

Some say carbon can cause this also but I believe there is no positive proof of that.

Back
Top Bottom