HELP!!! Sick scissor tail goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tmaida17

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I had gotten a Scissor tail goby about three weeks ago and he was fine the first week swimming and all but he won't eat now. I think its bc I have two clowns that scare him. 1 adult 1 juvenile goby. I tried to feed him direct near his cave but he still won't eat and its been two weeks. I've tried frozen brine, mysis shrimp, the frozen sea food, a kinda worms I forget what they are called and a some frozen seafood mix. Any ideas? I don't have a separate tank to put him in.

Generally its normal for new fish not to eat for a couple days but two weeks is too long. have you tried to mix any Garlic Guard in with the food? Garlic usually will stimulate fish to eat. I had a new coral beauty i was having trouble with but the Garlic Guard got him eating. I would try that.

No I never heard of that. What's Garlic guard ? He is no long with us but thanks for the reply .

It's made by Seachem. It's a liquid garlic extract you mix with food. It also helps with their immune system. Sorry you lost him. Could be he was sick from the start before you got him. Always ask the store to feed the fish and see if he eats before you buy. I would get some garlic guard to keep on hand.

I bought him off reefs2go.com and when you call them and ask what they feed them they have no idea. There's no communication between the customer service and people who work in the warehouse. I will def buy some though and thanks again.

You are welcome. Yeah that is why I am hesitant to buy online. Can't see the fish to see how they are acting or eating.

They are so much cheaper online and I only have one local store that sells saltwater fish where I live and every time I ask them yo order me something they don't . Next store is an hour away. Kinda stinks.

Back
Top Bottom