Help stocking a 29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So this is my tank
3 swordtails
10 zebra danios
1 black moor

I know that you guys said that there temps need to be different but I looked on my aquarium guide and this is what it said.
Swords 61-86 degrees
Zebra Danios 64-82
Goldies 50-82

So I keep it at 73 I know that the black moor will get bigger. But how fast and how long will he live? Everyone is getting along well. And they are all active and eating so I think that there all ok. My water is perfect and I have had my Goldie (Mr. Bubbles) in there for four days now. So do you guys think I'm ok?

So this is my tank
3 swordtails
10 zebra danios
1 black moor

I know that you guys said that there temps need to be different but I looked on my aquarium guide and this is what it said.
Swords 61-86 degrees
Zebra Danios 64-82
Goldies 50-82

So I keep it at 73 I know that the black moor will get bigger. But how fast and how long will he live? Everyone is getting along well. And they are all active and eating so I think that there all ok. My water is perfect and I have had my Goldie (Mr. Bubbles) in there for four days now. So do you guys think I'm ok?

No. Please rehome/return the black moor and do more research on them first. A simple google search will lead you to countless resources stating that your current set up is not a healthy one.

I don't really see the problem if there temperature range is the same. Am I missing something?

I don't really see the problem if there temperature range is the same. Am I missing something?

Diet for starters. Moors are visually impaired and even can have great difficulty getting sufficient food when housed with other fancy goldfish. He needs a specific diet of sinking goldfish pellets and/or gelfood along with daily veggies and some fresh proteins in order to be healthy. He should also be fed multiple meals a day and given ample opportunity to find the food. Absolutely no flakes, floating foods or freeze dried type of foods as these are inappropriate and may result in buoyancy issues.

He fully stocks a 29g now and should easily outgrow it in less than a year with a good diet and constant water changes. Moors live in the 10-20year range with proper care and adequate water. Please take a look at the stickied visual perspective thread in Coldwater fish "Why fancy goldfish require big tanks" if you are not familiar with the growth potential of fancies. Please ask any questions!

Back
Top Bottom