Help us decide guys!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay here it is. We have noticed that some zoas were dissapearing over the last few months and today i found out why! I saw a nudi in my eagle eye zoas and when i tried to grab it, it went deeper into the eagle eye forest!! Now i have 2 options. The decision is hard because the zoas are spreading to the rock around it, and we dont want to tear it off but we might have to!

1. Tear off the zoas and coral dip it and kill the nudi.

2. Leave the zoas and try and find the nudi some other time (might kill more zoas)

What do we do?

Depends if you see him soon. I would say if you can find him within a week grab him and if not rip it off. Jmo.

Ok i have my mom looking for the nudi while im gone, i said if she finds it and grabs it she can pick the next coral we buy!! We will keep looking, it would just be way easier to coral dip it!

Can you get a picture of it? I'm suspecting something is killing off my zoas. Unexplained 'bald spots'.

Yep scottyy i bet you have a nudi... :/ i cant dip the whole rock... If you havent seen my structure its a bit sensative. Lol

That's some bad luck guys. I would say keep a sharp eye out for it and when the nudi appears get him out. The risk I see with doing a dip is that if the nudi is not in the particular zoa patch at the time of removal for the dip then you wasted time and caused stress to zoas that was unnecessary. Just keep a vigilant eye out and remove it next time you see it.

Ya kd thats what i was thinking, in a week he might now be there. But its our only large colony of zoas, so why wouldnt he be there?? Haha

I do, but these zoas are more forest like... Haha if i were a nudi thats where i would be!! I have alot of palys, would he be in there??

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I do, but these zoas are more forest like... Haha if i were a nudi thats where i would be!! I have alot of palys, would he be in there??

This has happens to me i found the nudi branch love to stays in the nudi camp they wont venture away feom them what i did was turned lights on at night while zoo were closed and it happen the nudibranch came out before they open i took a pair of trezers and pulled it off good luck.

Noo :( we are looking every day but i havent seen squat! The zoas look great though :eek:

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Noo :( we are looking every day but i havent seen squat! The zoas look great though :eek:

Well... Maybe he got full. Lol! I hope you find him soon. I'm glad the zoas look good still!

Hey guys!!!! I caught the nuuuudie i caught the nuuuudie! :dance:

Let me set the scene for you guys. Im on the couch at 11 at night watching yukon men... Grant is passed out sleeping. I look at the tank and see one zoa that looks to be open which is kinda suspicious because they all close at night! I violently wake up grant for his second opinion if its the nudi or not and we decide to try and catch it!!

Well i borrowed my moms tweezers (idk if she would like that) and i grabbed it! Well i was a bit to agressive and i accidently cut it in half and the flame hawk fish ate it.... Well at least it cant eat my zoas now!! :) lol

Back
Top Bottom