Help what happend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruha456

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Woke up this morning after yesterdays water change of five gallons on my 40 gallon tank and found my Crocea clam being eaten by my emerald crab and my hermit crabs. Can anyone please give some advice. Thanks

ruha456 said:
Woke up this morning after yesterdays water change of five gallons on my 40 gallon tank and found my Crocea clam being eaten by my emerald crab and my hermit crabs. Can anyone please give some advice. Thanks

If your hermit and Emrald crabs was on it eating, then it was already dead:-/
What type of fish do you have in the tank???
Have you checked your water parameters?????
Temp???

Need to tell us also how long the clam had been in the tank and doing fine. Agreed it was dead before they started eating it.

I had the clam for about a week and a half. The only thing that was off on my last water check was the ph and amonia a tiny bit which was corrected with the water change.

How did you acclimate it and for how long it was most likely the ammonia what's your setup how live rock you got and age of tank
Also what caused an ammonia spike you'll need to pinpoint that to prevent it in future

Back
Top Bottom