Help, What's going on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xsamrlx17

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Today one of my fish died (oto) when seemed completely fine yesterday and now my female swordtail is at the top, seems to be having a hard time swimming/moving and her belly is strangely bloated not just round and out there but kind of out of shape bloated. The only thing that was done differently yesterday is that I put a "tetra tank nibbler" in there (the veggie ones that stick on the glass) which I've tried a few times but usually end up taking them out shortly after. What's going on? What should I do? Was it possibly the tank nibbler? Also, my tank is fully cycled. Any response is much appreciated!

The Molly may be pregnant, does she look square? If she's staying at the top...

Otos are a lot harder to care for than people make it seem. Since your tank is new, it may have ran out of food. If you don't have enough flow, it may be that. If it was alone, it may have stressed out.

I'd say food though. Did you give it fresh veggies?

no the only somewhat different food that I put in there yesterday are what is called tetra tank nibblers which is pretty much just like those wafers you feed carnivores, the only difference is you can stick them to the side of the tank, and feed tank isn't that new it is cycled and has been running about 3 months fairly new but the fish have seemed fine until today, the female sword tail I am talking about I did think I was pregnant a few weeks ago but then her belly had seemed to have gone away, her belly was fine yesterday but now it is very bloated and out of shape, I was thinking it could be dropsy but her scales aren't raised... any idea on what sort of action I should take? or what not to do?

Back
Top Bottom