HELP Whats wrong with my bolivian ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fishyperson3010 said:
I think it was swim bladder as he had a sunken stomach and was hiding so I euthanised him

That was fast, sorry you euthanized him. I don't have rams but when my Betta had swim bladder she didn't do that, I fasted her & fed her less & within 5 days she was fine. Have you tested your water recently? Water change schedule? I'd try to figure out what it was so you don't lose other fish.

shellieca said:
That was fast, sorry you euthanized him. I don't have rams but when my Betta had swim bladder she didn't do that, I fasted her & fed her less & within 5 days she was fine. Have you tested your water recently? Water change schedule? I'd try to figure out what it was so you don't lose other fish.
Thanks

I couldn't have fasted him as I still have to feed my other fish. My water is
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20-30

Change 25% per week

This high for rams. Did you have him long? If so, it wouldn't be a issue. He would have adjusted to it. But if he was new. It may have been a factor.

In the future if you need to fastened a fish in your tank, nothing wrong with fastened the whole tank (all the fish), sometimes is even healthier for all fish.

Back
Top Bottom