HELP!!! White bump on dwarf gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Boy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
A small white dot appeard out of nowhere and its starting to worry me. Should I be concerned? Also he is only been here for a week.

I currently have 4 bronze corydoras, 1 albino corydoras, 5 zebra danios, 4 ghost shrimp, 1 mystery snail, 1 netrite snail, and the dwarf gourami. They live in a 20 gallon high, I moved the albino and one of the bronze cories from an established 10 gallon to here. I used old filter media, old decorations and added tetra safestart just in case.

My parameters are
PH: 6.0
AMMONIA: 1.0 or 2.0
NITRITE: 0
NITRATE: 20
the tank has been running for 2 weeks and 4 days
Also I have changed their water 4 days after upgrading my old tank due to ammonia, i then added more tetra safestart.

A small white dot appeard out of nowhere and its starting to worry me. Should I be concerned? Also he is only been here for a week.

I currently have 4 bronze corydoras, 1 albino corydoras, 5 zebra danios, 4 ghost shrimp, 1 mystery snail, 1 netrite snail, and the dwarf gourami. They live in a 20 gallon high, I moved the albino and one of the bronze cories from an established 10 gallon to here. I used old filter media, old decorations and added tetra safestart just in case.

My parameters are
PH: 6.0
AMMONIA: 1.0 or 2.0
NITRITE: 0
NITRATE: 20
the tank has been running for 2 weeks and 4 days
Also I have changed their water 4 days after upgrading my old tank due to ammonia, i then added more tetra safestart.
1522725300141.jpg heres a picture of him

Its so difficult to determine from a photo. My guess is a very small abrasion, that a fungus has taken root on. If that proves to be the case, keeping the water very clean should eventually clear it up.

Sorry about that, here's a slightly better pic tapatalk_1522732952112.jpeg (my phone does not take great photos)

My phone doesn't take good pics either. The problem doesn't look parasitic. The bump might be Viral "Lymphocystis". No cure for that. It looks too symetrical to be bacterial.

I agree with V .
Get your water good ,your ammonia is way to high .
It should be zero so anything should be a flag to start water changes.
Dwarf gouramis are very susceptible to viral infections including "dwarf gourami iridovirus' . One of the more common iridovirus we see in aquariums is lymphocystis .
Get your water good .That is most important .
If you use Prime to condition you can dose up to 5X recommended dose to convert ammonia into a less toxic form for 48 hours. Water changes and Prime every day or every 2 will be most helpful.
The % of water you change is the % the ammonia will go down .
So if you do 50% water change your ammonia will be 1ppm. Then do another a couple hours later and you will be at .5ppm.
Keep ammonia and nitrites under 1 ppm.
Both will still show on test even if you use prime so document or keep track of what you are doing with the tank.

Back
Top Bottom