Help with BGK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the_fish_man

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I got this BGK about a year a go and he has been doing fine till now. He eats worms and brine shrimp but he hasn't been eating everyday I spend so much time trying to get him to eat but he won't. He hasn't ate for about a month and a half now. Please Help I dont want him to die. Oh and he like barely breaths during the day and lays down like hes dead. But at night he swims aroiund happily and I know they are mostly nocturnal but he use to be so much more active at night.
Any help is awesome

He is probably finding enough food at night. Try offering a high quality pellet food like New Life Spectrum Thera+A, mine loved the stuff. Honestly I wouldn't worry about it, if he is active and healthy at night, not losing weight, etc. then he is probably fine.

Mine LOVED frozen blood worms and shrimp pellets. He also liked boiled shelled peas once a week. Try feeding him when you know he's out.
BTW~ Do you have pics of him? I love love love BGK's!

you change anything at all since he started to hide? i would try also feeding some at night.

maybe they are ready for a tank upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom