Help with Coral please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sammy S

Aquarium Advice Activist
I noticed my Toadstool Leather has pieces of his head just fall off? I'm not sure what's wrong with him, does anyone know? It happened kinda suddenly, though he's been pretty happy....

Tanks been running since January
34Gallon Long
Uses: RO Water with Instant Ocean, Ph 8.4, stability
Ammo: 0
Nitrates: 0
Nitrites: 0
Salinity: 1.023
Light: Current #1501 only two months old
Flow: Medium
Temp: 75F

Last water change: last week, water tested this morning

Any and all input is most helpful and I thank you!!!!

Last edited:
If it is falling apart it wasn't happy. That is a sign of stress, usually from issues in the water column.
With that said, post a picture so we can see what is going on. In general, toadstools are very hardy. You should be able to cut off the area with issues in hopes it heals.

Thank you for your response; I forgot to put my picture on here!

Theres only 3 turbo snails, 5 nassarius, one lawnmower blenny and my cleaner shrimp in there! Wanted to wait a bit before introducing clownfish.

Attachments

• 20160528_123702.jpg
    20160528_123702.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 103
What is your Calcium and ALK levels?

Also personally. I like the temp a little higher between 76-80. And salinity around 1.026. Looks like you have a little algae problem too. Are you running gfo? Or another medium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also could you tell us how long you have your lights on for. And as said above these are usually bullet-proof I can cut mine up like a pizza and grow loads of them , they can sulk now and again and sometimes for weeks and as said again above it is usually something agitating it in the water or maybe your lights are just not on long enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom